I tried the positive look on life and it was going really great..it was. Until i found out about the education cut and how PA is going on a salary freeze and they are suggesting schools to go on a hiring freeze as well. Now they are considering closing a few elementary schools . Im irritated...cut welfare not education. I did not go to school for 4.5 years and have 250$ + a month in school loans to be a daycare teacher.
Now what? Will the sub list be even more crowded? Will it be worth subbing? Will i even get called in? How long till i can do what i love. Its so hard because i knew it was going to be tough getting a job in this profession in this area....but the outlook is not looking to bright.
I know i need to stay positive. I heard of a few job openings up the mountain. But now my jump drive is not working that has my current resume, application, and cover letter on it. YAY oh the joys of trying to stay positive......
lyss :)
Agreed! And that really sucks sorry chica! :(
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. It took me over a year to get a job. No one was hiring and when they were 100 people were interviewed. It was so heartbreaking. When you finally get your job, it will make you that much better of a teacher because you will appreciate it so much more!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking this same stuff. It literally made me sick the one night b/c I was that worried about it. The other think they are considering doing is pay based on PSSA scores. So, if you get stuck with a tough round of students, your pay will be affected. I'm concerned b/c I'm also library certified, and now they're talking about dropping several librarians to have just 1 or 2 librarians for the whole district, depending on the size of the district. The one district I work in is combining classes so they are going to have 35+ kids in a class with little classroom help. (Can you spell disaster?!) All we can do is keep plugging away. If you need anything, drop me a line either here or on FB.
ReplyDelete