Thursday, September 8, 2011

Great News :)

So, i feel like i start every post the same way....talking about how i have not written in a while and im going to try to write more often. I really want to.. i just feel like i never have the time... but with beebs coaching hockey 2 nights a week... maybe i will start to have more time!

I have some wonderful news... From November to February i will be a 6th grade teacher :) Yupp this girl is filling in for a teacher going on maternity leave! I have so many mixed emotions. I am excited because long term sub positions can lead to a teaching job, however...i am so nervous! Most/all of my experience has been with the little ones (k-2) and i loved it..and i have never been in a 6th grade classroom. It will be challenging and tough but i am looking forward to the challenge... it will only make me more marketable and a better teacher :)

As of right now i am still TSSing and hopefully starting to day to day sub. Our sub positions are posted online and they are first come first serve.. so i have been stalking the website to ensure that i will be working everyday.. however teachers tend not to take off in the beginning of school..so for now ive been being a bum.. :) --which gets very boring. -- haha!

Wedding planning is actually starting to come together...updates and pictures to come soon :)


Alyssa :)

2 comments:

  1. i think i missed this post. i'm very happy for you. i think this long term sub position will be a great experience for you! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I missed this. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is so exciting. You deserve it! I've been on a 5th grade maternity leave and I usually seem to end up subbing for the upper grades, so if you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a buzz. I know who I'll be getting in touch with if I wind up in some k-2 class. Good luck and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete