The past week I have been in a 5th classroom everyday at Victory Elementary. My Co-op is a great teacher and you can tell she loves her job! I was disappointed at first with my placement because i wanted a younger grade, but so far it has been a great experience. I love being in the classroom and seeing how other teachers run their classrooms. I have got so many good ideas and organizing tips! You HAVE to be organized to have a smoothly run classroom!
So far i have taught spelling and health (kind of boring) but what can you do? My teacher is only responsible for Lang arts, spelling, health and reading. The other 5th grade teacher is responsible for math, SS, and science. I think being departmentalized has both advantages and disadvantages.
Although its going to be stressful, time consuming, and overwhelming at first i am so excited and cannot wait to be a teacher! i have so many great ideas and love teaching. The only thing im having a problem with right now is getting up at 630 :( ugh it sucks. But with the way my schedule is i can never get to bed before 12-1230. Mornings are not my thing but someday i will get on a routine.
2 more weeks till christmas break :)
How cool to get into the classroom. I know what you mean about higher grades...I was nervous teaching 4th gr Science this year (I'm used to the little 2nd graders), but I love it. You can talk to them on a whole different level. 4th-6th grade is very critical for a child's character. It's their foundation of who they will become. You can be a great influence on them.
ReplyDeleteBtw, I'm with you on the early mornings. I have to wake up at 5am and I haven't been able to get to bed on time this whole week. Coffee has been my BFF this week...;-)
i wish i could like coffee, how did u start liking it?!?
ReplyDelete