Theme: Since Luke and I got engaged at the beach, vacation at the beach every year, and i just simply love the beach, we decided to have a hint of a beach theme. Nothing overwhelming but something simple and classy :) We are super excited!
Favors: Wedding favors, to me, are a waste of money. The couple spends a decent amount of money on a little personalized gift for every guest. Half of them get left behind while the others are at the bottom of a purse of floor of the car for months to come. I was set with coming up with a practical favor. After some searching and thinking i decided i wanted to make the favor some sort of donation to a charity or foundation of our choice. Our favors are going to be a sand-dollar (3 in. wide). Attached to the sand dollar with ribbon will be a card reading something like: A dollar for you, a dollar for them. In each one of our guest honor we will donate a dollar to the "foundation that we decide". Then probably a sentence or two explain why we chose that particular charity or foundation. I am so happy with this idea. How awesome to give back on our special day :)
We also love the legend of the sand dollar.Centerpiece ideas: I want something simple. All of these are cute. Love the fishbowl idea with sand, shells, and star fish. But i also hope to incorporate some candles too. Here are some i found online that i like:






Escort card: I love the pencil star fish with some blue and green ribbon :)


These can also be used as well:


Here are some cakes that i found. Some of them are little over the top beachy. So whatever one we decide on will probably not be so beachy.
Finally here are some cute invites (blue and green):




Invites are so expensive. So i wouldnt mind making them myself. ( i say that now) So maybe i should get started on them now. haha!
thoughts, ideas?
Lyss :)


I love your ideas! They are all beautiful. And I made our invitations. Took some time but it definitely saved us alot of money. They turned out great! And besides they get thrown away anyway.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME ideas! I adore the sand dollar idea (btw, how many guests will you have to donate for?)...the star fish cards are so cool....I love the first centerpiece idea, but also like the square one and the tray with the three candles....there are some great invites shown here (if you can, make your own, more money for that beautiful scene in your previous post...wink)...and can I just say that I hope you opt for the chocolate cake...OMG, I want a piece now, it looks soooo delicious and yummy!!! Keep sharing!
ReplyDelete