Okay, so i still feel how i feel from a previous post (life is moving way too fast). I really started thinking about it today after attending my (little) cousins baby shower. Okay when i say little i mean 20, but STILL where has the time gone?
I remember when we were like 8 (which was last week i thought?) Playing sailor moon, storm chasers, making a band (the spice cats), and just being young and fun. But now sarah is married with a baby girl on the way, and im engaged, and janelle well she hasnt changed much (still being a player.. JK). Are we REALLY suppose to be growing up this fast?!?!? i dont think im ready for it... :(
But on a happier note, the baby shower was fun (i won a flower) which i left there...., it was decorated soo cute (pink and brown), the food was good, and sarah does make a cute prego girl... hahah!
I remember we use to talk about "growing up" together all the time. Sarah you missed the memo about having our babies at the same time!! its okay we are planning to all have boys in about 6 years! The good part is i can always look back and remember sooo many fun times we had together. It was truly a blessing to have a sister and cousin close in age and that we were also my bestfriends! Some of my best childhood memories are from times spent with them!
Okay, no more thinking about growing up, it has to come sooner or later!
Luke is on his way home and im super excited.. 2 weeks is just too long!
Time does go fast. That's why we need to enjoy it. Imagine how I feel, I remember when you three were itty bitty little things. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI guess times have changed because being a 20 yr old Mom was not considered young not too long ago. I think, and don't be offended, but the younger generations need more time to learn how to be grown up. Ex: Dad and my Mom were married with 3 kids and bought a house by the time they were 25/26! Hubby and I are 30/31 with one kid and don't own a house yet. It just takes us more time to figure it out and also economically things aren't in our favor for our generation, it seems.
Enjoy your time now. After the "I do"s and especially after a baby/babies, it's gonna fly. Take time to sit back, relax and soak it all up! :-)
Have fun with Luke. Say hello for us. :-)
I'm with ya on this one. But like K said, we aren't growning up nearly as fast as our parents. I just think of when my mom was my age: she had an 8 yr old and a 4 year old... plus she was in the process of having a brand new house built. That's insane. When I think of that, I thank my lucky stars b/c I know I wouldn't be able to handle having kids that old. haha:)
ReplyDelete