I can't believe that student teaching is quickly approaching. In exactly 2 weeks i will be teaching my little kiddos! For my first placement i will be in kindergarten and for my second placement i will be in 2nd grade. Let me tell you i am nervous... My block 3 field i had 5th graders. The best, most well behaved 5th graders i have ever seen in my life. I would love to scoop that class up with me and take them forever.. but i couldnt. Now i am in K and 2.... ahh what to do? breathe. count to ten. and time to bring out all of the daycare tricks up my sleeve. Although im nervous, i am soo excited!

Janelle and I got our housing assignment and it looks like it will be just us in our apt! Thank-god i didn't want to have to have 2 other random roomies. I am getting excited and nervous all at the same time. I googled things to do in Raleigh and so much came up! yay so when i'm not teaching & pulling my hair out, i may get to have fun on the side.
Lyss :)
Girl, I think you will love your placements. I had 2nd and K when I did my student teaching too! It was a lot of fun and the little guys are so lovable! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteif you need any help/advice with 2nd graders, let me know...i've been teaching them for 6 yrs now. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou will love it! I was placed in a 1st grade for Senior Methods this past semester and really enjoyed it! I was nervous going into it because I'm used to working with the older ones. This coming fall I have decided to stay with my 1st grade mentor for Student Teaching! Never thought I would of done that! :) Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck- I am in my first year of teaching Kindergarten. If you need ideas some time, I'd be happy to help. I am sure you will do great!!
ReplyDelete